Best Website Builder Uk 2020| Blogging Beach
Searching for the best website builder Uk to build your upcoming website? Well, if your answer is yes, then you have landed on the right page because today in this article I am going to talk about 10 Best Website Builders in 2019. This list is totally based on my personal experience with each of the website builder, and I am not biased to any of them. So, without further ado, let’s get started-
Don’t have a good budget to hire a developer to build your next website. Or you don’t want people to know about your upcoming project. In both of this scenario, going for a website builder can be a good option for you. Using a website builder can help you in building your website within a very less period.
Now if you look closely over the internet, you’ll find there are hundreds of website builders available which provides simple drag and drop tools to make your website very easily. Now choosing the right website builder is a tricky task to perform especially for beginners because they don’t know so much about these things and what are the aspects they need to see before choosing the right one according to their business and budget.
As I already said, the market is loads with 100+ website builders; now, the question is, how you will choose the best one for you? Well, in this case, I can help you. I am working as an internet marketer from over a decade now, and In this entire journey, I have tried over 30+ website builders.
Since I am enough experienced, I can help you in choosing the one that perfectly suits you. So, let’s get into it. But before getting started with the list, I want to talk more briefly about website builders and do you need it or not. So, let’s get into it-
Do you really need a website builder? If yes, Why?
If you don’t know how to code and you’re going for a developer to build your website, then it easily going to cost you between $2000-$4000 and in some case even more. Also, then you need to hire a freelance developer again if you want to make some changes to that website. Building a website is also time-consuming, depending on your requirements, a website can easily take time to build between a week to a few months.
Now if you want to launch your website in a short time and don’t have a budget to hire a web developer, then website builders are going to be the best option for you because with the help of a website builder, you can save your $$$$ and also, you can launch your website in very less time.
Website builders also offer free templates, which makes it much easier to create your dream website. Since website builders are the best thing that you can use to build your website but unfortunately, it is not for everyone. A website builder is the best option for you if you want to create a-
- # Small website to give an online presence to your business with a piece of information about your business.
- # Personal website or blog to share information
- # An e-commerce website to sell things
- # Or an online store where you are willing to sell your service or products.
And the main thing, if you want to create it very fast and very cheap. Now here if you know how to code or want to create a dynamic website like twitter or facebook, then it’s probably not for you. So, here is the list of 10 best website builders in 2019 according to me. So, here we go-
List of Best Website Builders in 2019
Here’s the rundown of 10 best website building platform. These are the best player in the market of website building right now-
If you’re reading this article then probably the chances are that you have heard about it already. We all know that Google tracks our inputs to serve us with the most relevant advertisements. And Wix has invested so much in advertisements on YouTube and other platforms.
Wix is the best option for you if you want to create your website your own with no experience of development. Wix is being used by more than 100 million peoples across the world. It is a very simple website builder that allows you to build almost any kind of website very easily. It offers a very simple drag-and-drop builder which can help you in building your desirable website in very less time.
If you want an easier way to perform this action, you can use it’s Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) which helps in building a personalized website based on a few answers given by you. It also supports WIX code options for their advanced users. It is a fully hosted platform where you need to pay for the domain and to host. In clear words, we can say it will be like taking a room on rent. Now, let’s talk about the pros and cons of WIX to understand is it good for you or not.
- Short term pricing plans- The best thing about WIX is their premium plans. They offer all type of plans for a small website holder to big businesses, and the best thing is they cap these plans between the storage size and features, not around the number of pages and page types. Also, you can choose whether you need it for a year or more than a year. The longer plan you’ll choose, the more discount you’ll get.
- Site Configuration and Onboarding- WIX offers a drag-and-drop tool to let you customize your website according to you. And with the mean of drag-and-drop, you can almost drag anything and can make a website of your choice. Also, their onboarding is pretty easy, and you’ll get your website live within a few moments of creating your account.
- Designing Templates- Wix has done a fantastic job in developing and designing their themes and templates. Wix offers a solid collection of pre-generated modern themes with a professional look.
- Speed and Security- All of the Wix websites hosts on their Wix servers, which means their web servers are well optimized for Wix websites. They have their professionals regularly working to make your website much faster and secure as well.
- Customer Support and Knowledgebase- Wix provide customer support via Phone, Knowledgebase, and Email tickets, and they have a well-trained team of experts for helping you out with any issue you’re facing.
- Business Customization- Main priority of Wix is their customers, and for them, Wix has done a splendid job to make sure they will stay happy with them. Wix offers a variety of custom build templates and features to target their customers for almost every market.
- Editing and Designing- Drag-and-drop seems like a very easy task to perform. But, if you are a total newbie at this, you’ll end up grabbing your mind. Using drag-and-drop features seems great from a control standpoint, but in the end, it can be very frustration based on your expectations.
- SEO for non-branded products- If you plan to build a website and then doing marketing of that website, then it is okay, but if you want to do things like making an affiliate blog or a site where traffic will come organically from search engines, you might face some issues with Wix.
- Data Export- If your website is growing, then there are chances that you’ll be needed to change the platform. Wix is good for small to medium level sites but not for bigger sites, and in this scenario, you just can not export your data. One of the biggest ‘CON’ of using Wix.
The next website builder we are going to talk about is Site123. So, Site123 claims to be the simplest website builder, and at some point, I strongly agree with them but many times making things very simple stops doing things creatively. Site123 has divided its designs into 16 different categories like business, online store, portfolio, etc. As its name suggests, you can build your site in just three simple steps, select a design, add some content and publish, that’s it.
Site123 comes with different pricing plans, and you can choose the one according to your need. But before choosing a plan, you need to create a free account on their website. With this free account, you can check almost everything so that you can make your mind if you want to go with them or not.
- Easy to Setup- The best thing that I like about Site123 is their easy to understand and straight forward process to set up a site. In just three simple steps, you can make your website live.
- Simplicity- Site123 is very simple to use. It provides you templates based on your business types. Despite the fact it doesn’t have a drag-and-drop feature, you can still choose the elements from the menu to change the design according to you.
- Project Integration- Site123 offers an extensive list of products to integrate on your website. From advertising software to product marketing and analytic tools, they have a huge library.
- Free Plan- Site123 offers a free plan where you can create your website without paying a single cent, and you can take it for as long as you want. Though you can not use your domain and also, it’ll show their advertisements on your website but still, you can make your online presence very easily.
- Pricing- Site123 offers several plans to choose from, but it lies on the costlier side. The basic plan of Site123 starts from $10.80/month, which provides you a free domain for a year, 10 GB of Storage, 5 GB of Bandwidth, and 100 free emails. Now if you compare it with its direct competitors like Wix and Weebly, it is very expensive and also offers much less.
- Limited Designs- When it comes to designs, Site123 cannot compete with other competitors like Wix and Weebly. Even though all the designs and templates that Site123 offers are elegant and responsive, it lacks creativity.
- Lacks many technical features- Site123 claims to offer many features to make your website SEO friendly, but if you know real SEO, you’ll understand that it lacks many essential features.
- Data Export- Same like Wix, Site123 also don’t allow the user to export the data of the website. It is one of the biggest ‘Con’ according to me.
It is one of the largest website builder company currently available. It has more than 50 million websites hosted with them. Unlike many other competitors, Weebly mainly focuses on improving themselves with the latest technology instead of investing in expensive marketing campaigns. Though in the past year, we have seen a slower rollout of new features. Now it might be because Weebly got acquired by Square in 2018.
Apart from this, Weebly is one of the reputed website builders which offers more than 40 mobile friendly themes. It also offers an easy drag-and-drop based website builder, which makes setting up a website very easy. Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of Weebly-
- Speed & Security- All the website created using Weebly hosts on their own managed web hosts. They’ve worked a lot to make their web servers super fast. Also, they take care of security as well to make sure your site will stay secure against hackers and spams.
- Good Pricing- I am not saying that Weebly is a cheaper website builder, but if you see their pro plan, you’ll realize that it is a good option if you have a decent budget. The starter plan cost around $8/month, while the pro plan costs around $12/month.
- Easy Site Building Process- Weebly provides a drag-and-drop based website builder, which means setting up your website is very easy. Although if you are a complete newbie, it might take you some time understanding how to drag and drop works.
- Onboarding and Education- Weebly has worked a lot to make their interface very easier. Whenever you install any software or applications, Weebly shows a little info to let you know what changes that software will do.
- Built-in set of extensions- Weebly is packed with so many free extensions that you can use to make your website much attractive and informative at the same time. You can get more detailed info after visiting their app center.
- Friendly Customer Support- Weebly offers a group of well-trained employees with a friendly nature to help us whenever we face any issue. I tried contacting them, and my overall experience was good.
Content Management- Weebly has done a splendid job in upgrading their website builder to give a great competition to the other website builder in the market. But there are always chances of improvement and the same goes for Weebly. I think they need to add a CMS so that one can easily manage pages of the website.
- Advanced Marketing Tools- Weebly allows us to put HTML codes on our website and with the help of that, we can add a few marketing tools as well. But since, you don’t have 100% access to your web servers; you can’t use so many marketing tools.
- Difficult to Migrate- Unlike many other website builders, Weebly allows you to export the data of your website in a ZIP file but the content that your blog has to need to be migrated manually or by RSS feed.
In the market of website builders, SiteBuilder has grown rapidly within the last few years. SiteBuilder has primarily focused on its core features and a clean, elegant interface. It provides an easy to use ‘drag and drop’ interface, which is a great option for many of you. Like many other website builders, SiteBuilder also gives you the privilege of leasing or renting your website instead of owning it. Let’s talk about some of the pros and the cons-
- Speed and Security- SiteBuilder hosts all of their websites on the Amazon and Google’s web servers, which are very fast, secure, and rarely go down. Also, they have their team, keeping a sharp eye on the database to make sure you’ll stay away from the reach of the hackers.
- Budget-Friendly- If you’re okay owning a website with a subdomain, SiteGround is free for you for a lifetime. But if you look at their pricing, you’ll get shocked as their pro plan cost just $3.84/month, which is way cheaper than the competitors.
- Simplicity and Core Features- Instead of offering many fancy features, SiteBuilder believes in core and basic features that are necessary for a website. Its make it a bad choice for many others but newbies, it is the best thing. They don’t need to learn so many things to create an attractive website.
- Site Building Process- Because SiteBuilder’s main focus is on providing the core features, you can set up your website within a minute. Also, because of it’s drag-and-drop type editor, you can make changes very easily.
- Drag and Drop Editor- Another best advantage of using a drag and drop editor is that you don’t need to write a single Line of HTML or CSS. You need to drag an element and then drop it on the place where you want to see that element, and that’s it.
- SEO and Marketing Tools- Doesn’t matter how the good looking website you’ll make, without a proper SEO or marketing, you won’t get customers. SiteBuilder lacks many essential SEO and marketing features, including sitemaps.
- Higher Renewal Price- SiteBuilder’s introductory price is very cheap, but when it comes to renewal, their $3.94/month jumps to $11.98/month. Paying this much for SiteBuilder is never would be a good option.
- Access to HTML / CSS- SiteBuilder provides plentiful animations to make the website look much attractive but still, giving access to HTML and CSS could help someone who knows how to code to make changes according to him. Also, with the help of this, you can verify your website with search console, and other social media sites.
- Platform Lock-in- We all know that once our site starts growing, we need to move to a personal CMS like WordPress or need to build a custom website for us. That’s why we require the backup of our website, but SiteBuilder’s policy doesn’t allow us to do that.
It was founded in 2004, and since then they have worked a lot harder to provide quality services to their customers. In the huge competition of website builders, Squarespace is getting larger every day and has served millions of clients till date. It offers 100+ stunning professional looking templates and offers the best quality designs and features.
Though this website builder is not for the beginners, you need to learn how a website builder works in terms of getting used to it. It is going to be the best option for you if you want to show your creativity through your website.
- Templates and Designs- It offers 100+ templates that are well optimized for all kind of devices such as smartphone and tablets. These templates are also highly customizable so that you can change it according to your needs.
- Blogging Features- If you plan to start a blog with your website then Squarespace can be a good option for you; as it offers a variety of features, a blog requires but still, it lacks at many points of SEO. We’ll talk about it in the cons section.
- Support- Squarespace provides great quality customer support through live chat and email tickets. Live chat option is quite handy for many of us. They usually reply within a minute, which clearly defines they have a well-trained team.
- Multiple Platforms- Squarespace provides multiple platforms to access their services. You can access it from Android, iOS, and any desktop device.
- Usability of Editor- Though these are not very big cons, I want these things to be improved. It should not ask to save your work after each change; it should be autosaved. Also, it publishes changes once saved, which can be inconvenient while making larger changes.
- Only one sub-navigation- Squarespace is not made for big websites as it only provides one sub-navigation feature. Big websites require deep menu hierarchy, and because of this, making a multilingual website also become impossible.
- SEO and Page Speed- Squarespace doesn’t allow you to change titles in blog posts, and their page speed is also slow, which is a major downside for the SEO aspects.
Strikingly is the next website builder that made place on our list. It is one of the easiest website builders mainly focuses on providing services to the absolute beginners. It means they are not competing with established brands like Wix and Weebly, which is a good thing because they are clear with their targeted audiences and working towards to make their service best for them.
Although this is not the best one because they provide a well qualified and trained customer support at an affordable price, it can be a good choice for you. Let’s see the pros and the cons to make sure is it good for you or not-
- Value For Money- It is not a cheaper one, but an affordable website builder that you can afford. It cost $16/month for a pro plan, which seems equal to many established builders, but it offers three websites to host, which is good if you plan to add more sites in the future.
- Best in class support- One thing that forced me to add Strikingly into my list is their customer support. Their customer support is very fast, friendly, and efficient to solve almost every issue.
- Ideal for Blogging sites- Strikingly allows us to invite contributors to work on websites, which is good if you want to create a blog-centric website.
- Ease of Use- Making a website is not very complicated with the help of Strikingly. Especially if you’re an absolute beginner, you don’t need to worry at all. It’s a drag, and drop solution makes changes very easily.
- Best for Single Page Website- If you’re planning to create a single page website with a slick looking layout, it can be the ideal website builder for you.
- SEO- One of the very important thing that every online business needs are SEO. Without SEO, you can not scale your business, and It lacks many essential SEO features.
- Expensive one- Even though we said it a value for money, it still stays at a costlier side because there are many good alternatives like Wix and Weebly are available on the same price point.
- Limited Free Version- Unlike many other website builders that provide full access to their service, Strikingly caps many features including adding your code, which is an essential one.
Shopify is one of the very famous website builders, especially for e-commerce websites. If you’re planning to start an online store, then there is no better option for you than Shopify. It can handle almost everything from inventory management to shipping and payment. It provides almost everything that is required to manage and grow an online store. It’s been used by many big brands like Budweiser and Tesla Motors, which defines how much trusted Shopify is.
Though you need to visit their “Terms of Services.” Page to make sure that they serve your niche of business because they have restricted their services for several types of categories like gambling, video games, and virtual currency.
- Integration to make more sales- Shopify encourages their users to use multiple channels to make more sales. They allow you to sell your products directly on Facebook, Amazon, Pinterest, and other platforms like your apps.
- Shopify Buy Button- Shopify provides an option to make a custom bag of products and directly add that to your website. In clear terms, if someone is searching for a PC build under $1000, then you can create a custom made cart where they need to click once to directly visit the buy now page of the items you’ve selected.
- 100+ Payment Processors- Shopify supports over 100 payment processors like PayPal, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, and many more. It also allows you to take direct payment through debit and credit cards.
- Fast & Secure Site Experience- Shopify hosts all of the websites on their self managed server where speed and security is their topmost priority. Also, all of there servers are based on SSD, which makes speed more superfast comparing to HDD’s.
- Extensive Knowledgebase- Shopify provides a huge list of documentation for their customers to help them to get started with their store. It’s helpful for everyone as there are always some points where even experts need help.
- Extensive List of Add-on- Shopify offers an extensive list of more than 1200+ Shopify add-on to scale your business. These add-ons come in a wide range from marketing to eCommerce to make sure you manage your store with ease.
- Shopify Abandoned Cart Recovery- Shopify offers an abandoned cart recovery tool which is designed to follow up a list of customers who didn’t complete the checkout process. You can notify them by email, and it can boost your sales for sure.
- Self Developed PHP Language- Shopify uses their self developed PHP language, Liquid. All themes and templates offered by Shopify are coded in Liquid. So, in case you want to make some customizations, you need to learn Liquid first.
- Advanced Features at a Higher Price- The base plan offered by Shopify lacks so many basic features required to run an online store. Because of that, you need to upgrade your plan to a higher one.
- Apps are not free- Shopify offers an extensive list of the add-on, but many of them are paid ones. So, in case if you want to use them, you’ll need to pay a higher amount every month.
- No Email Hosting- Shopify does not provide email hosting, which is one of the biggest drawbacks according to me. I mean, how you can run a business without a proper business email.
8. iPage Site Builder
iPage, which is mainly famous because of their web hosting service, also provides several tools to build a website or an online store. For this, you need to install WordPress on your website, and after that, you can make changes with their website builder. It might take around 20 minutes in all process from WordPress installation to set up your website with the help of iPage Site Builder.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of iPage Site Builder to check whether it can be a good choice for you or not.
- Easy to Use- iPage site builder is very easy to use, it is based on drag and drop feature, which makes editing much easier. Even someone without a single knowledge of programming can also make some stunning looking websites with the help of iPage website builder.
- Variety of Templates- it offers more than 100+ pre-built templates of a variety of industries which you can use to make your website. All these templates are mobile friendly.
- Super Fast Speed- iPage is well reputed for their web hosting and all of the websites hosts on their super fast web servers. All the sites made with the use of iPage site builder well optimized as well.
- Built-in SEO Tool- It provides a built-in SEO tool that you can use to manage the SEO of your website. Though it lacks some professional features, still, it is more than enough for starting up.
- Payment and Analytics Integration- It also offers multiple integrated applications such as PayPal and Google Analytics.
- E-commerce Feature with Inventory Management- It also provides multiple tools for your online stores such as inventory management and multiple e-commerce features.
- Limited Free Plan- Free plan of iPage Site Builder only allows making six pages. If you want to create more pages, you need to upgrade to the paid version.
- Lock-in- Like many other website builders, iPage also don’t allow their users to download the data of the file, which mean you can not migrate your website to any other platform.
WordPress is a self-hosted content management system. It is one of the best and cheapest way to build a website, but it requires good technical knowledge. It is very famous among bloggers because content management system helps them to manage their blogs very easily, but it doesn’t mean you can create an online store or any website with that.
There are a lot of plugins (both paid and free) available on WordPress that you can use to build your dream site, but still, you need to have some coding knowledge to make it happen. Let’s talk some pros and cons of WordPress-
- Free to Use- WordPress is a free to use tool that you can install on your server. All you need to buy a domain and web hosting and that’s it.
- An extensive list of plugins- WordPress offers an extensive list of plugins that you can use to make changes in your website.
- Full Access- WordPress gives you full access to your site, which means whatever change you’ll make going to affect all of your websites. It can be dangerous as well if you don’t know how it works.
- Huge list of themes- Like plugins, WordPress offers more than thousands of themes to choose from. Almost every theme comes with different looks, designs, and customizations that you can use to make a stunning website.
- Third-Party Integration- WordPress is one of the most popular CMS available, and because of their popularity, they have almost every popular third-party tools integration available.
- Full Access- We all remember the famous dialogue from Spiderman, “With great powers comes great responsibilities.” The same thing goes with WordPress as well. You’re responsible for the security, installing updates, optimizing websites, making backups and all.
- No Drag and Drop Builder- WordPress doesn’t come with a drag and drop website editor. Though you can use a plugin for that, however, most of them come at a price.
10. GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy is very famous because of its branding. We all know that it is one of the largest domain registrars, but very few know that it also provides other online services. Website Building service is one of them. Though GoDaddy is never known because of their website builder because the last one was not up to the mark, recently they have upgraded it to version 7 named as GoCentral.
- Budget-Friendly- GoDaddy offers its website builder at a price of almost $1/month, which is way cheaper than the other competitors in the market.
- Easy to use- It offers a very easy drag and drop feature. You can create some awesome looking website with the help of that. Even without a single knowledge of programming and other stuff.
- 300+ Themes and Templates- GoDaddy provides a list of more than 300+ website templates and themes to choose from. You can choose almost any theme and then customize them according to your need.
- Huge Knowledge Base- GoDaddy offers a knowledgebase where you can get the answer of almost every query you have. You can also get some video tutorials too.
- No E-commerce Tools- GoDaddy’s website builder doesn’t have any tool for an eCommerce store. If you plan to make an online store, then I would highly suggest you go with any other one in the list.
- Very Simple Design- Simplicity can be a priority of many users, but still, it lacks creativity because of that. GoDaddy’s template seems way older and very basic, which is a big drawback for me.
- Worst Customer Support- GoDaddy offers almost all ways to get connected with their customer support team but not of them work great. We had a very bad experience with their customer support. If you can deal well-delayed replies and almost hours of call on hold, you can go with them.
So, guys, this was my list of 10 Best Website Builders in 2019. I hope this article was helpful for you and you’ve enjoyed reading it. If you’ve any question regarding anything or any suggestions for us, do share with us in the comment section below. We’ll try our best to help you out with that.
Wix is the best website builder in uk
Wix is the best option for you if you want to create your website your own with no experience of development. Wix is being used by more than 100 million peoples across the world.