Best Web Hosting Canada 2020, Our Top 10! Reviews
Searching for the best web hosting canada for your website or next upcoming project? If your answer is yes then you have landed on the right page as today I am going to review ten best web hosts in 2019. This list is totally based on my personal experience with each web hosts. So, without further delay, let’s get into it-
Giving an online presence to any business can increase the chances of getting more sales and customers. I mean its 2019, peoples and companies are on the internet to share and get the information. Why do you think someone visits a website? Well. It’s mainly because they need pieces of information. In this business world, information is very crucial, and if you own a website, you can share information about what you can do for them.
In 2019, building a website doesn’t mean about coding stuff only. You need a perfect domain and hosting as well. In this article, I am going to help you in choosing a perfect web host for your business. Choosing a good web host is really very crucial, especially when you have thousands of options available in front of your eyes. Here are a few reasons why you should go to the best web hosts for your business.
- Loss in Revenue- If your site goes down, then there are chances that you won’t get enough sales can cause less revenue for you. Even if you don’t own an online store, still you can face some loss because your targeted customers are not able to see your services and other things. Recently Amazon faced an outage of around 40 minutes, and that leads them to the loss of $5 million. You might not face this big loss, but still, there will be a loss in revenue and its not good for business.
- Less Ranking which means less traffic- If you own an online store then along with marketing, you need a good SEO ranking so that customers can find you. If regularly your website faces downtimes, then your websites will also get affected, and you won’t get a good position in search results. Apart from downtime, many experts also believe that website speed also matters when it comes to SEO.
- Security- The next reason why you should go with a trusted and reputed brand for hosting is security. There is a lot of web host that provides you additional securities. However, it’s almost impossible to say that a website is 100% secure. We all have witnessed several incidents where websites of so many big companies and organizations like facebook, twitter, and even NASA got their website hacked. Since there is no perfect solution, a good web host can also help you by giving your back up data so that you can restore your website. Apart from this, they can also help you by assist with their technical support and security issues 24 hours a day.
Since you have understood how much important choosing the right web host. Now let’s talk more in brief that what are the factors that you need to check when going for a web host. So, here we go-
- Pricing- One of the crucial thing that you need to understand before going for a web host is your budget. Check your budget and choose the web host accordingly. Don’t go for something that you can not hold at least for a year. Especially if you’re a startup the owner.
- Speed- The second most important thing that you need to consider is the speed of the web host you’re going to select. If your web hosting is slow to respond, you might end up losing $$$$ every month or even more. Also, you need to check how fast your website responds to your targeted audiences.
- Customer Supports- The next thing that you need to check how experienced customer support your web host offers. Well experienced and knowledgable customer support is must because they can help you in many ways. Even initially, when I entered into blogging, I faced an issue related to a web host, but due to lack of knowledge, it ends up fucking my blog. From that time, I haven’t gone for any web host without good customer support.
- Uptime Guarantee- The next important thing that you need to keep in mind before choosing a web host is their uptime guarantee. I will highly suggest you go with a web host that offers at least 99.8% uptime although all of the web hosts that I have included in this list are having around 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Security- To be honest, no web host can provide you 100% security. Though what can they do is, they can offer you backup regularly so that just in case your website meets any hacking attack, you can restore it from your backup files.
So, these were the thing that you need to consider before choosing a web host for your business. Now let’s begin the list of 10 best web hosting sites in 2019.
HostPapa released as one of the first green hosts round, and that they’ve kept it up, offsetting all electricity intake with , inexperienced power sources. With their HQ in Canada, servers in Toronto, and costs which are genuinely in CAD in preference to USD, they’re a really perfect and very reliable select as a Canadian web hosting company!
They provide a whole lot of unfastened things too, like unfastened migration from your antique host if wished, a loose area name, unfastened SSL for safety, and many others. + they provide a 30-day cash-returned assure if you’re no longer happy.
They provide a whole LOT of options for help. those include cellphone aid, electronic mail, live Chat, expertise Base, Video Tutorials, Weekly Webinars, network popularity web page, and a unfastened One-On-One Video education consultation, it’s very superb and top notch handy!
As mentioned above, they have got a speedy server in Canada, but if you want to goal different countries, Cloudflare CDN is provided at no cost on all plans. this means your website facts is stored as cache on various locations round the world making sure fast internet site speeds for traffic far far from your primary records middle. greater strong nation drives are also given making sure faster website loading speeds as compared to traditional disk drives.
additional overall performance boosts such as rocket rapid premium servers, extra resource allocation according to account, and less bills in line with server are protected on their most steeply-priced internet web hosting plan, enterprise seasoned.
The next web host we are going to talk about is Bluehost. So, Bluehost is another web host which has a lot of trusts. Even Bluehost is an official recommended web hosting provider since 2006. Keeping the price point of $2.95/month, it is not the cheapest one, but I can say a budget-friendly web hosting according to the features they offer in this package.
Like many other major web hosting services, prices get to hike at $7.99 when you go for renewal. So, if you are going to choose this web host for your website, keep this thing in mind and go for the plan of two years or three years one. So that you can take the fullest advantage of their cheapest looking plans.
Now if we talk about Bluehost, then it is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. It was started back in 2006, and since then it has gradually grown up, and currently, it powers more than 2 million websites across the world through its web hosting service. Bluehost has worked a lot to make their customer support as much better as they can; currently, they have a staff of 750+ peoples regularly working to help you 24/7 by their customer support and other departments.
Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of Bluehost web hosting, and we’ll start it with pros-
- Best Uptime- Throughout the year, we faced an average uptime of 99.99%. Now it is a very important factor for any website owner that their site doesn’t go down and for this Bluehost is a reliable one.
- Fast Load Times- Bluehost has managed its servers very efficiently, and those are well optimized as well. If you keep your website optimized pretty well, then it can be easily open a page within 0.3-0.4 ms. Throughout the year we have faced it dancing between 250ms to 420ms, which is pretty good.
- Budget Friendly Pricing- Now if we talk about the pricing of Bluehost so, the Bluehost can be counted in the list of a budget-friendly hosting service. I am not saying it’s very cheap, but a price that anyone can pay.
- Security Options- To make a web host budget friendly, many companies stop offering security features and many other things, but on the other side, Bluehost doesn’t do something like this. They’ve worked a lot in making their web host as much secure they can. They offer free SSC, domain privacy feature, SiteLock, CodeGuard, Postini, and many other security tools.
- Multiple Integration Options- Bluehost offers multiple apps integration option with one click installers like Softaculas. You can install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and many others CMS. They also offer free CDN to make your site super fast.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee- They also offers a 30 days money back guarantee with every plan so that you can use them and check if they are okay for your website or not.
- Good Customer Support- Bluehost offers almost every kind of customer support they can offer, which includes live chat, knowledge base, call, and email ticket based support. Their customer support is very educated, and the reply time is very nominal.
- Higher Renewal Rates- Bluehost also use the marketing gimmick that many other popular web host follows. Offer a lower rate at the time of buying and increase at the time of renewal. Their renewal price jumps at the rate of $7.99-$8.99 per month.
- Site Migration is not free- Bluehost doesn’t offer free migration that many other web hosts offer. It charges $149 where it offers to migrate 5 of your website and 20 emails within a time of a day. However, I don’t think paying this much for just site migration would be a good idea and that’s why this is the biggest ‘CON’ of Bluehost according to me.
3. WP Engine
In case you’re really seeking out exceptional high pleasant managed WordPress hosting for Canada, WP Engine is what you want! they’re the marketplace leader on the subject of hosting WordPress sites, and with top motive (even though are a tad high priced). they have got an in-house custom constructed caching device to serve pages splendid-rapid (referred to as EverCache), and combined with their CDN, they’re the fastest WordPress hosting agency round!
Their 24/7 help glaringly focuses on WordPress, allowing them to repair any problem with out a hitch. On top of that, additionally they contend with any WordPress middle updates so that you don’t must fear about it. And whilst it’s a first-rate replace, they surely check the website online first earlier than updating to make sure nothing breaks, wonderful provider. additionally they have stay actual-time risk detection, actively block DDOS attacks, and that they’ll even repair your web site without spending a dime if it does get hacked…
all the above more than justifies the rate tag! interested in peace of mind and might spare the price range?
Their most inexpensive plan starts offevolved at USD $35/month.
WPEngine offers a useful resource middle, Documentation, answer center, system repute, live Chat, price tag Submission, and contact help to get you the help you need. according to the organisation, their guide team is available 24/7/365.
The reviews of WPEngine’s customer service gadget have been mixed. in step with those reviews, the representatives recognise the ins and outs of their hosting bundle particularly in terms of WordPress. They have been able to solution complicated questions thrown at them. however, some opinions said that it took an average of approximately 3 days to get a response from them and that they were not able to restoration certain troubles.
information centers are to be had in US, Canada, uk, Australia, Germany, ireland, Taiwan, Belgium, and Japan. On the intense side, if your goal marketplace is positioned in Canada, then you could absolutely provide them quicker internet site loading speeds because of proximity to their servers.
The next web hosting we are going to talk about is HostGator. It was founded in 2002, and since then it has grown constantly, and currently, it has over 8 million domains hosted with them. HostGator has mainly focused on providing quality services even for the shared hosting plans too, and it has helped them to become of the biggest companies for web hosting in the world.
Currently, HostGator has 850+ employees working with them to make sure you won’t face any kind of issue with their hosting. They offer great customer support, and this thing helps them stand among their competitors. Let’s see the pros and cons to make sure if it is the best option for you.
- Best Uptime- The best thing that I love about HostGator is their uptime. In almost a year of using their shared hosting service, I just have faced downtime of around an hour. It makes the uptime around 99.99% throughout the year.
- Good Customer Support- HostGator provides almost every kind of customer support, such as knowledge base, email, phone, and live chat. I tried contacting them through call and live chat, and I was pretty impressed with them. I got a call connected with their team within a minute, and he was very comfortable talking with me. It seems they have a knowledgeable, well trained, and friendly staff, which is good.
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee- Unlike many others, HostGator offers a 45 days money back guarantee, and it is applicable for all plans with a minimum of 6 months period.
- Different Billing Periods- HostGator offers a very flexible billing period to choose from. You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods; though the yearly periods gives you great discounts.
- Free Migration- Not so many web hosts offer free site migration, but HostGator is not one of them. It offers a free site migration for their new customers without any cost during the first 30 days of sign up.
- Good Page Speed- HostGator has optimized its servers to give a good performance. If you can optimize your site, you can easily get page speed between 300ms-500ms, which is good.
- No Free Domains- We have seen a lot of web host that provides free domain with every new sign up. But HostGator doesn’t offer any free domain registration; even if you are a new customer.
- Aggressive Upselling- You need to check what services you are buying during the signup. Don’t go for a pre-selected list of services. If you’re not sure about anything, uncheck them. However, if you need them later, you can add it.
Hostinger is one of the cheapest web hosting currently available. It was started as a free web hosting services with no advertising with the name of 000WebHost in 2007. Later in 2011, they became Hostinger, and within six years, they crossed over 29 million users worldwide.
Currently, they have a team of 400+ peoples working with them to help their customers. Even after being a cheaper web host, Hostinger offers tons of free features for their customer. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of Hostinger to understand how good(or bad) it is-
- Good Uptime- Hostinger offers a good uptime of their web servers. I am not saying it is best, but if you compare with the others, it is a good one. Within a year of usage, I got it around 99.93% average uptime, which is overall good.
- Fast Load Time- Throughout the year, I got my page speed lies between 200ms to 400ms, which is very great. The average page load time was 329ms, which is comparatively better than GoDaddy.
- Good Customer Support- Hostinger offers a good customer support team to help their customers. Though they don’t have support over a call but their live chat support is really quick. But if you want to access their live chat support, you need to be logged in.
- Free Website Builder and Domain Name- Hostinger offers a free website builder for you so that you can create your website by just doing drag and drop. They also offer a free domain name for a year on their every new signup.
- Logged in for Live Chat- Though it’s not the biggest con for their customers; but if you are not a customer and just looking for some information from them and you want to contact them, you just can’t.
- No Traditional cPanel- If you are a developer then there are chances that you won’t go for Hostinger because of this ‘CON.’ Though there Dashboard is easy to use, advanced users just won’t like them.
- Non-Standard Refund Terms- Hostinger offers a no question asked money back guarantee, but their refund policy has some exceptions for this statement. You’ll have four days to get a refund for a new domain name purchased with them, not 30 days. I would highly suggest you read their refund policy before buying their services.
Commonly famous because of their powerful hosting making speed and reliability their topmost priority. A2Hosting calls their SSD based web servers as “Turbo Servers” that holds the capability to load a web page 20 times much faster than any other non-SSD web server. The best thing about A2Hosting is that their turbo servers are not only for their high-end client; even their shared web hosting also feature their turbo servers.
A2Hosting was founded back in 2001, and since then they have worked hard to provide their customers with a quality service. The best thing that attracts me about A2Hosting is their green hosting. Since 2007, A2Hosting has proudly claimed that they are 100% carbon neutral. They have done it by partnering with CarbonFund.org, which is a company working to reduce the effects of climate changes.
- Fastest Shared Hosting Provider- After testing more than 20+ web hosts, I can easily say that A2Hosting is one of the fastest shared hostings I’ve ever used. The average page load time was 326ms throughout the year, which is comparatively fast than many others.
- Good Customer Support- A2 Hosting provides all type of customer support from their knowledge base to live chat, call, and email ticket based. Connecting with their customer support is low, and it takes around 3-5 minutes, but once connected, everything was smooth sailing.
- Free HackScan- A2 servers are protected by HackScan which provides a 24/7 scanning service to protect your site from malware and other attacks.
- A lot of free stuff- From a free CDN to free site migration, A2 offers a lot of free stuff for their users. Apart from this, it also provides one-click install CMS, drag, and drops website builder and other developer-friendly tools.
- Anytime Money Back Guarantee- The main goal of A2Hosting is to provide what their customers want. For this, they have an anytime money back guarantee where if you ask for a refund within 30 days, you’ll get all the money you’ve paid but what if the 30 days? Well, in this case also you can ask for a refund, and you’ll get the amount back of the remaining time.
- Average Uptime- Now I am not saying that their uptime is worst, but it is less than many other competitors. The average uptime we faced was 99.95%, and within a year the site was down for around 6 hours. It’s not the worst, but still, they should need to work on this.
- High Renewal Rates- Like almost every single web host, A2 hosting’s renewal rates also jumps to double when it comes to renewal. It’s common with almost all web hosts, and because of that I am not going to blame A2 hosting for that, but still, it’s a big ‘con.’
- Restriction on the Cheapest Plan- The cheapest plan lacks some of the features which are especially from the website builder. On the cheapest plan, you’ll be able to create just a single page which is not good at all.
With the price point of $3.95/month and at a renewal rate of $11.95/month, you can’t see SiteGround as the cheapest web host available in 2019. But since it is not a list of “Cheapest Web Hosts” and we are talking about the reliable and trusted ones. And when it comes to reliability, SiteGround is the best one currently available in the market. Especially if you look at the features, SiteGround offers along with their much knowledgeable and well-experienced customer support. The price justifies everything.
SiteGround is one of the most trusted and highest rated web hosting company in the WordPress Community. It was founded in 2004, and since then it is constantly growing and become one of the most trusted web hosts currently available. Currently, it has more than 400 employees working and has more than 500,000 domains hosted with them. It is well known because of their top-notch services, knowledgeable and experienced customer support, and reliable web hosting plans.
Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of SiteGround’s web hosting. Now don’t say that even after paying $3.95/month or $11.95/month, you’ll still need to go for a web host with some cons. Well, for this, I want to say that there is no web host available without any downsides. Every one of them has some cons, and if someone is saying that their web host has no cons, then that one is lying or being biased. So, let’s get into it-
Let’s start with the Pros of SiteGround’s web hosting-
- Super-Fast Servers- SiteGround has all the servers highly optimized for speed, and according to my personal experience, it has one of the fastest servers. For managing their speed, they have used the latest hardware like SSD, high-frequency RAMs along with custom software to make your site super fast.
- Best in class customer support- SiteGround offers top notch customer support to help you deal with many issues. Also, they offer various type of customer support options, such as voice call, live chat, and ticket based support.
- Many free services- Along with the super fast servers and tremendous customer support, they also offer many free services like free CDN from Cloudflare and a free SSL Certificate from Let’s encrypt.
- Multiple Data Centers- SiteGround have their servers located in three different continents. You can choose the location according to your targeted audience at the time of sign up.
- Limited Storage- At the price point of $11.95/month, their plans with fixed storage doesn’t seem a good deal. However, if you see at other things like bandwidth and capability to manage how much visitors that plan can control, you won’t feel that the storage is less. Because soon, once your website starts getting more visitors, you need to upgrade your plan.
- Setup fee for monthly billing- If you choose monthly billing, then you need to pay $14.95 as a setup fee. Although if you sign up for a longer period like for 12 months, you won’t need to pay this setup fee. Also, they offer a 30 days money back guarantee so just in case if you want to test them, go with a longer period billing at the time of sign up.
- High Renewal Price- Now I won’t blame SiteGround for this as almost all major web hosting companies doing this now. They charge a huge discounted price at the time of buying the web hosting service, but at the time of renewal, they charge a very high price. To deal with this, I will highly suggest you go with the longer period of a plan to get the services at a budget price for a longer period.
The next web host we are going to talk about is DreamHost. So DreamHost is a 25 years old web hosting company which currently powers over 1.5 million websites with their web hosting. Even WordPress itself endorse their web hosting, all because of the 750,000 one-click installations.
If you’re willing to start a blog, then DreamHost can be a good choice for you as it has a lot of features you would love. But if you want to develop things beyond blogging, then it has some features that may attract you like cloud servers and supporting apps like MongoDB, Ruby on Rails and Redis.
- Above Average Page Speed- DreamHost does not have the superfast web servers, but they have a decent one. The average loading time was around 670ms, which is not so good neither worst but just slightly above the average.
- Above Average Uptime- Like their page speed, their average uptime is also above average, its not the ideal one. The average uptime was 99.96%, which needs to improve slightly.
- Ninety-seven days Money Back Guarantee- The main reason why DreamHost is very popular is their refund policy. They offer a money back guarantee of 97 days, which is much better than other competitors.
- No Higher Renewal Price- The best thing about DreamHost is that they don’t increase their pricing when it comes to renewal. You need to pay the same amount you were signed up with.
- Not Really a 24/7 Customer Support- DreamHost claims that they provide 24/7 customer support, but the reality is bit different. We tried contacting them through their live chat feature, but we got an automated bot there asking few questions. We somehow bypass it, but then we got the text that “our team is available only on Monday to Friday 8-4PM PT.,” which means that they don’t offer a 24/7 customer support.
- No cPanel- The next thing that I hate about many web host is that they don’t provide a traditional cPanel and the same thing goes with DreamHost as well. cPanel is much appreciated amongst developers and not having a cPanel is the biggest drawback for any web host.
- Only Paid Migration- Another drawback of DreamHost is that it doesn’t provide free migration to any of the customer. You need to pay $99 each time you want to migrate a site into their web servers.
GreenGeeks was founded in 2008, and after almost a decade, they empower more than 300,000 websites with their web hosting. They have three data centers situated in the US, Canada, and Amsterdam. Another reason behind the success of GreenGeeks is the experience of Trey Gardner(Founder of GreenGeeks). He has worked with eight different web hosting companies, including iPage, LunarPages, and HostPapa.
GreenGeeks claims two bold things, which include 99.99% uptime and 100% customer satisfaction. Now let’s see how real their claims are-
- Above Average Time- GreenGeeks claims that they offer 99.99% uptime, but at the time we were monitoring their downtimes, we got their website up for around 99.96% which is not the best but a good uptime percentage.
- Good Page Loading Speed- GreenGeeks has a decent page loading speed of 468ms, which is good than 50% of web hosts.
- Good Customer Support- GreenGeeks provides quality customer support by knowledgebase, live chat, and ticket based customer support. I’ve contacted them, and they are well trained and educated as well.
- Free Domain Name and Website Migration- It also offers free domain registration and free website migration to their customers. Also, the great thing is that it will be free for the whole period you’ll use their service.
- Free Backups- GreenGeeks also offers free backups created every night. So just in case if your website faces any issues or problems, you can restore it with the backup your web host provider have.
- Industry-Standard Pricing Manipulation- GreenGeeks follows the same technique that many other companies are currently doing. If you buy there hosting for three years, it will cost you around $2.95/month, but in case if you’re going for monthly billing, it will cost you $9.95/month. The same goes for the renewal cost as well.
- Not a No Question Asked Refund Policy- Like many other web hosts, GreenGeeks also offers a free domain. But just in case, if you want a refund, you need to pay $24.95 for a domain name registration fee.
10. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting was founded back in 2001, and since then they are regularly providing quality web hosting service to their customers. It is one of the biggest independent web hosting companies in the world. It currently has more than 300,000 domains hosted with them in two of their datacenters in Virginia Beach and Los Angeles.
Here is the best way to determine if it is a good choice for you or not. Let’s move into the pros and cons of InMotion Hosting-
- Good Uptime- In the usage of a year, we got the average uptime of 99.5% which is pretty good, but still, it can slightly improve a bit.
- Fast Server Speed- Fast speed helps in many SEO aspects as well. In this case, InMotion Hosting is a good one to go with. Throughout the year, we got around 780ms average page loading speed. Which is good but still, it can be improved as well.
- Best in Class Customer Support- When it comes to customer support, no web host can beat InMotion web hosting. They have a well-trained team which is highly educated as well. They are very friendly and trust me; it is the best customer support I have ever used.
- 90 Days Money Back Guarantee- Unlike other web hosts, DreamHost offers 90 days of money back guarantee, which indicates how much they are confident about their services.
- Free Site Transfer and Data Backups- InMotion Hosting provides a free site migration and free data backups. There are very few web hosting companies available that can offer these kinds of service without any cost.
- Super Secure Threat Defense System- InMotion has its threat defense system to make all the website hosted with them much secure. Even it is free for all the customers. It can help your site by protecting them against all type of cyber attacks such as brute force, DDoS Attacks, and DOS.
- Introductory Pricing only for 24 months of Signups- Like other web hosts, the introductory pricing of InMotion hosting is only for 24 months. Also, the renewal price is high as well.
- Delayed Verification Process- The verification process of InMotion is pretty lengthy. They need to verify your mobile to give access to their control panel, which is a bit time consuming if you are not from the US.
- Plan Limitations- They offer free site backups, but once your website exceeds 10 GB, it won’t make back up of your website. Also, you can restore files once every four months for the sites which are not getting backed up. If you need it to be frequent, you need to pay a fee of $49.
So, this was my list of 10 Best Web Hosting Review. I hope this article will be helpful to you. If you need any help or have any suggestions for us, shoot in the comment section below. If you ask me for any web host to recommend, I would highly suggest you go with InMotion, SiteGround or A2 Hosting without any questions. Now it’s up to you, choose which one suits you and your business idea.