What is the cheapest Web hosting plans in India?
Hello Friends , I am a mahmud. I have developed and design more than 70 websites.
As I have many domains I am using reseller plan for hosting. I am using Jumbohost web hosting provider . My plan is small Linux reseller and the price is RS 2999 / year for unlimited domain hosting. If you have more than one domain then Reseller hosting plans are best for you or else you can buy single domain hosting plans also.
Jumbohost provides cheap web hosting plans starting from RS 799 / year. Their support is also good. Compare to other hosting providers in terms of domain registration Jumbohost provides in cheap price.
Formally I was using Bigrock and Hostgator , both has high price and support ticket reply is more than 5 hours.
Here is the below points which i have compared Godaddy, Bigrock and Jumbohost Minimum Linux Hosting Plan. I think Jumbohost is the cheapest and best among the all compare to Server speed and Web Spaces.
.Com Domain –
Godaddy = Rs. 650 and Id Protection price Rs 149
Big Rock = Rs. 599 and Id Protection price 299
Jumbohost = Rs 799 With Free Id Protection
Hosting Price –
Godaddy = Rs.2800 / Year
Big Rock = Rs. 2400 / Year
Jumbohost = Rs 599 / Year
SSL Certificate –
Godaddy = Rs. 650 / Year
Big Rock = Rs 399 / Year
Jumbohost = Free SSL certificate life time
WebSite Builder –
Godaddy = Rs 1999 / Year
Bigrock = Rs 2299 /Year
Jumbohost = Free website builder with Hosting plans.
AWS Data Backup –
GoDaddy = No
Bigrock = No
Jumbohost = Free Daily Databackup on amazon S3 bucket through Jetapp backup software.
SSD Hard Drive –
GoDaddy = No
Bigrock = No
Jumbohost = all Servers with SSD Hard Drive which is 30% faster than normal SATA Hard disk.
Godaddy = 1 Email Id
Bigrock = 2 Email Id
Jumbohost = 100 Free Email addresses
The most recommended plan is Jumbo web hosting , below is the features –
=> Host up to 5 Domains
=> Unlimited SSD web space
=> Free Comodo SSL Certificate
=> Unlimited Email Accounts
=> Free SSH Terminal Access
=> Free Sitepad Website Builder
=> Hosting On Lite Speed Server
=> Unlimited bandwidth
=> Softaculous App Installer
=> Full Data Backup for Your Domain name.
Use promo code JUMBO20 for instant more 20% discount.
I am explaining in brief below what are all addons Jumbohost provides with shared hosting plans –
- Litespeed Server – Lite speed server is 30% faster than apache . It handles more concurrent users. It decreases load time of websites. Using LScache plugin your wordpress website will run smoothly.
- Free Hosting Migration – Jumbohost provides free migration from your old hosting provider to Jumbohost Server. This is most important to transfer each and every stuffs to new server including emails.
- Jetapps Backup Software – Jumbohost provides Jetapps software which supports unlimited backup of your data. It also helps in migration of website from one server to another.
- Comodo SSL Certificate – Get Free comodo SSL for every domain hosted on Jumbohost. It also supports https green bar and make your website secure and SEO ready. It is necessary part of website else your website might be get hack. Please don’t choose the provider who doesn’t provides SSL with their plan.
- Cloud Linux with CageFS – CageFS is a technology in shared hosting provided by cloudlinux. It makes shared hosting like VPS. It allocates the resources according to attributes Like Physical memory, I/O speed defined in package.
- Terminal Access Through SSH – Jumbohost also provides free SSH terminal access . If you are programmer and want to install new software or packages then you can install through terminal.
- Sitepad Website Builder – Jumbohost provides free website builder for all domains . you can make beautiful websites by just following simple steps. Using drag and drop tools anyone can make a nice looking website without any programming knowledge.
- Customize PHP Version – You Can use PHP version from 5.3 to 7.2 Latest version in your application. It is easy to switch PHP version and also configuration of PHP through php.ini file as per your requirement. Also You can install your own PHP Extensions Like Ioncube, phpzip, etc.
- Softaclous App Installer – By using Softaclous app installer you can install your favorite software in one click only no manual installations. Softaclous provides major frameworks and CMS like WordPress, Magento, Laravel, Drupal .
- Unlimited Sub-Domains – Sometimes you need sub-domains like . and you can make unlimited sub-domains for your domain. also it will run thorough https. Free SSL For subdomain also.
- Easily Configurable Emails – Jumbohost Provides Easy Configurable emails on your mobile email client or on any email client such as Outlook, Gmail application, Aqua Mail, etc.
- Domain With ID Protection – Jumbohost provides free ID protection with every domain registration. It helps to hide domain contact information.
If you are new in web hosting and want to know more about what is domain and Server works , Please read below post –
GoDaddy is started their business as a domain registrar, but currently, it offers a variety of services you need to make sure your website grow up. From web hosting to website builders, emails, digital storage, online security, online storage, and many more things that can help you make your website stand above the competitors. With all these, GoDaddy is not only an online business anymore, but it has also become a brand itself.
If you have a look at other competitors and GoDaddy, you’ll see that GoDaddy have a good brand recognition if nothing else. All credit goes to their Ad commercials. I mean, who can forget those GoDaddy girls booming over the internet to the recent one of “helping small businesses.” GoDaddy has invested so much in their branding, and that’s why it good brand recognition. This brand recognition has helped them to become what are now. Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of GoDaddy’s web hosting to check if it is a good hosting choice or not.
- Good Uptime- I am using GoDaddy’s web hosting on one of my website from over one and a half years now, and one thing that has impressed me so much is their uptime. Now It was not good when I joined them, but they have worked a lot to make sure that their servers won’t get down. The average uptime in the last one and a half year was around 98.76%, but in the last one year only, it was 99.99%.
- Average Page Speed- GoDaddy’s server is well optimized to make sure that your website load as fast as possible. Now I am not saying that it offers superfast web servers, but if you optimize your website, you can get a good page speed. In my whole experience with GoDaddy, the page speed lies between 400ms to 600ms. Now it is not the best site speed, but according to price, it is a good one.
- Free One Click Installers- GoDaddy offers more than 125 free one-click installers. With the help of this tool, you can install almost every application, such as Joomla, WordPress, etc. Along with this, they also support developer friendly tools like cPanel, MySQL, Python, and multiple versions of PHP.
- Pricing- GoDaddy’s economy plan costs $2.99/month, but they offer a lot in this economy plan. They offer unlimited bandwidth with 100GB of storage, and if you compare other web hosts with the same pricing, you’ll get the difference.
Seems like a good web hosting deal? Well, decide it after seeing the ‘CONS’ of GoDaddy.
- Lacks so many features- GoDaddy doesn’t provide anything for free like an SSL, Site Migration, Security, Backups or anything. If you need any of this thing, you need to pay for it. The worst thing is their site migration; they charge $99.99/site, which is okay that they are not offering this thing for free, but it will take 7-10 days. It makes it both expensive and slow, which is the worst thing.
- Higher Renewal Rates- Like many other web hosts, GoDaddy also offers cheap pricing at the of buying, and when the renewal time comes, the price jumps from $2.99/month to $7.99/month.
- Tricky Money Back Guarantee- Like others, it also offers a 30 days money back guarantee but it just on papers. They made it very tricky like if you want 30 days period, you need to buy the web hosting for a year. Even if you go for six months or 9 months plan, you will get just 48 hours to check their service.
- Poor Tech Support- GoDaddy claims to offer 24/7 tech support through the Knowledgebase, live chat, and phone support. But I had a very bad experience with their support. I tried to contact them by their live chat support, but I just got the text of chat busy, even after five times in two days, I didn’t get connected with them. On the third day of trying, somehow I got connected, but the replies were taking around 3-5 minutes. Their phone support is even worst, I tried calling them, and they put my phone on hold for almost an hour with a recorded message that our team is busy helping others. It was the worst experience with GoDaddy’s tech support.
The next web host we are going to talk about is Bluehost. So, Bluehost is another web host which has a lot of trusts. Even Bluehost is an official recommended web hosting provider since 2006. Keeping the price point of $2.95/month, it is not the cheapest one, but I can say a budget-friendly web hosting according to the features they offer in this package.
Like many other major web hosting services, prices get to hike at $7.99 when you go for renewal. So, if you are going to choose this web host for your website, keep this thing in mind and go for the plan of two years or three years one. So that you can take the fullest advantage of their cheapest looking plans.
Now if we talk about Bluehost, then it is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. It was started back in 2006, and since then it has gradually grown up, and currently, it powers more than 2 million websites across the world through its web hosting service. Bluehost has worked a lot to make their customer support as much better as they can; currently, they have a staff of 750+ peoples regularly working to help you 24/7 by their customer support and other departments.
Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of Bluehost web hosting, and we’ll start it with pros-
- Best Uptime- Throughout the year, we faced an average uptime of 99.99%. Now it is a very important factor for any website owner that their site doesn’t go down and for this Bluehost is a reliable one.
- Fast Load Times- Bluehost has managed its servers very efficiently, and those are well optimized as well. If you keep your website optimized pretty well, then it can be easily open a page within 0.3-0.4 ms. Throughout the year we have faced it dancing between 250ms to 420ms, which is pretty good.
- Budget Friendly Pricing- Now if we talk about the pricing of Bluehost so, the Bluehost can be counted in the list of a budget-friendly hosting service. I am not saying it’s very cheap, but a price that anyone can pay.
- Security Options- To make a web host budget friendly, many companies stop offering security features and many other things, but on the other side, Bluehost doesn’t do something like this. They’ve worked a lot in making their web host as much secure they can. They offer free SSC, domain privacy feature, SiteLock, CodeGuard, Postini, and many other security tools.
- Multiple Integration Options- Bluehost offers multiple apps integration option with one click installers like Softaculas. You can install WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and many others CMS. They also offer free CDN to make your site super fast.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee- They also offers a 30 days money back guarantee with every plan so that you can use them and check if they are okay for your website or not.
- Good Customer Support- Bluehost offers almost every kind of customer support they can offer, which includes live chat, knowledge base, call, and email ticket based support. Their customer support is very educated, and the reply time is very nominal.
- Higher Renewal Rates- Bluehost also use the marketing gimmick that many other popular web host follows. Offer a lower rate at the time of buying and increase at the time of renewal. Their renewal price jumps at the rate of $7.99-$8.99 per month.
- Site Migration is not free- Bluehost doesn’t offer free migration that many other web hosts offer. It charges $149 where it offers to migrate 5 of your website and 20 emails within a time of a day. However, I don’t think paying this much for just site migration would be a good idea and that’s why this is the biggest ‘CON’ of Bluehost according to me.
With the price point of $3.95/month and at a renewal rate of $11.95/month, you can’t see SiteGround as the cheapest web host available in 2019. But since it is not a list of “Cheapest Web Hosts” and we are talking about the reliable and trusted ones. And when it comes to reliability, SiteGround is the best one currently available in the market. Especially if you look at the features, SiteGround offers along with their much knowledgeable and well-experienced customer support. The price justifies everything.
SiteGround is one of the most trusted and highest rated web hosting company in the WordPress Community. It was founded in 2004, and since then it is constantly growing and become one of the most trusted web hosts currently available. Currently, it has more than 400 employees working and has more than 500,000 domains hosted with them. It is well known because of their top-notch services, knowledgeable and experienced customer support, and reliable web hosting plans.
Now let’s talk about the pros and cons of SiteGround’s web hosting. Now don’t say that even after paying $3.95/month or $11.95/month, you’ll still need to go for a web host with some cons. Well, for this, I want to say that there is no web host available without any downsides. Every one of them has some cons, and if someone is saying that their web host has no cons, then that one is lying or being biased. So, let’s get into it-
Let’s start with the Pros of SiteGround’s web hosting-
- Super-Fast Servers- SiteGround has all the servers highly optimized for speed, and according to my personal experience, it has one of the fastest servers. For managing their speed, they have used the latest hardware like SSD, high-frequency RAMs along with custom software to make your site super fast.
- Best in class customer support- SiteGround offers top notch customer support to help you deal with many issues. Also, they offer various type of customer support options, such as voice call, live chat, and ticket based support.
- Many free services- Along with the super fast servers and tremendous customer support, they also offer many free services like free CDN from Cloudflare and a free SSL Certificate from Let’s encrypt.
- Multiple Data Centers- SiteGround have their servers located in three different continents. You can choose the location according to your targeted audience at the time of sign up.
- Limited Storage- At the price point of $11.95/month, their plans with fixed storage doesn’t seem a good deal. However, if you see at other things like bandwidth and capability to manage how much visitors that plan can control, you won’t feel that the storage is less. Because soon, once your website starts getting more visitors, you need to upgrade your plan.
- Setup fee for monthly billing- If you choose monthly billing, then you need to pay $14.95 as a setup fee. Although if you sign up for a longer period like for 12 months, you won’t need to pay this setup fee. Also, they offer a 30 days money back guarantee so just in case if you want to test them, go with a longer period billing at the time of sign up.
- High Renewal Price- Now I won’t blame SiteGround for this as almost all major web hosting companies doing this now. They charge a huge discounted price at the time of buying the web hosting service, but at the time of renewal, they charge a very high price. To deal with this, I will highly suggest you go with the longer period of a plan to get the services at a budget price for a longer period.
The next web hosting we are going to talk about is HostGator. It was founded in 2002, and since then it has grown constantly, and currently, it has over 8 million domains hosted with them. HostGator has mainly focused on providing quality services even for the shared hosting plans too, and it has helped them to become of the biggest companies for web hosting in the world.
Currently, HostGator has 850+ employees working with them to make sure you won’t face any kind of issue with their hosting. They offer great customer support, and this thing helps them stand among their competitors. Let’s see the pros and cons to make sure if it is the best option for you.
- Best Uptime- The best thing that I love about HostGator is their uptime. In almost a year of using their shared hosting service, I just have faced downtime of around an hour. It makes the uptime around 99.99% throughout the year.
- Good Customer Support- HostGator provides almost every kind of customer support, such as knowledge base, email, phone, and live chat. I tried contacting them through call and live chat, and I was pretty impressed with them. I got a call connected with their team within a minute, and he was very comfortable talking with me. It seems they have a knowledgeable, well trained, and friendly staff, which is good.
- 45 Days Money Back Guarantee- Unlike many others, HostGator offers a 45 days money back guarantee, and it is applicable for all plans with a minimum of 6 months period.
- Different Billing Periods- HostGator offers a very flexible billing period to choose from. You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods; though the yearly periods gives you great discounts.
- Free Migration- Not so many web hosts offer free site migration, but HostGator is not one of them. It offers a free site migration for their new customers without any cost during the first 30 days of sign up.
- Good Page Speed- HostGator has optimized its servers to give a good performance. If you can optimize your site, you can easily get page speed between 300ms-500ms, which is good.
- No Free Domains- We have seen a lot of web host that provides free domain with every new sign up. But HostGator doesn’t offer any free domain registration; even if you are a new customer.
- Aggressive Upselling- You need to check what services you are buying during the signup. Don’t go for a pre-selected list of services. If you’re not sure about anything, uncheck them. However, if you need them later, you can add it.
Hostinger is one of the cheapest web hosting currently available. It was started as a free web hosting services with no advertising with the name of 000WebHost in 2007. Later in 2011, they became Hostinger, and within six years, they crossed over 29 million users worldwide.
Currently, they have a team of 400+ peoples working with them to help their customers. Even after being a cheaper web host, Hostinger offers tons of free features for their customer. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of Hostinger to understand how good(or bad) it is-
- Good Uptime- Hostinger offers a good uptime of their web servers. I am not saying it is best, but if you compare with the others, it is a good one. Within a year of usage, I got it around 99.93% average uptime, which is overall good.
- Fast Load Time- Throughout the year, I got my page speed lies between 200ms to 400ms, which is very great. The average page load time was 329ms, which is comparatively better than GoDaddy.
- Good Customer Support- Hostinger offers a good customer support team to help their customers. Though they don’t have support over a call but their live chat support is really quick. But if you want to access their live chat support, you need to be logged in.
- Free Website Builder and Domain Name- Hostinger offers a free website builder for you so that you can create your website by just doing drag and drop. They also offer a free domain name for a year on their every new signup.
- Logged in for Live Chat- Though it’s not the biggest con for their customers; but if you are not a customer and just looking for some information from them and you want to contact them, you just can’t.
- No Traditional cPanel- If you are a developer then there are chances that you won’t go for Hostinger because of this ‘CON.’ Though there Dashboard is easy to use, advanced users just won’t like them.
- Non-Standard Refund Terms- Hostinger offers a no question asked money back guarantee, but their refund policy has some exceptions for this statement. You’ll have four days to get a refund for a new domain name purchased with them, not 30 days. I would highly suggest you read their refund policy before buying their services.